Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:14:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Joachim.Wunder@lrz.tu-muenchen.de (Joachim Wunder)
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        scratchy@vulcan.franken.de
Subject:   [Fxtv 0.45]: can only select one channel (from vcr)

> Hi!
>
> First I would like to thank You for the great bt848 driver and the fxtv
> program :-)
>
> I have a Hauppauge model 816 WinTV-card (PAL-BG) and its working great.

Huh, mine is the 805 Win/TCpci card. I am living in Germany, too, and I am
using the card under FreeBSD 2.2.1.
dmesg shows the following about the card:

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 11 on pci0:13
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner, msp3400c stereo.

> But I can only select exactly one frequency: 544.75 Mhz. This is the channel

I have exactly the same problem!! And I am living in Germany, too (Munich).
I am using the bt848-drivers from 05/11/97 and fxtv 0.46.

> from my VCR so I can only switch channels with the VCR. I've searched through
> all preconfigured channel lists and tried all known frequencies from the cable
> net
> here in germany.

I am on German cable TV, too. :(

> I've seen one or two people from germany posting on this list, maybe You can
> help me!

I have the same problems as you have.

> Hardware:
> Dual PPRO 200 Titan Pro with 64 MB,

I have a Chaintech 5IFM1 with 64 MB and a P100 on it currently.

> 2940 Adaptec,

I don't have.

> 3COM 3C595 Fast Etherlink III PCI,

I have a NE2000 clone

> 16 bit Soundblaster,

I have, too!

> bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x12 int a irq 12 on pci0.10.0
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 11 on pci0:13
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner, msp3400c stereo.

> Software:
> FreeBSD-3.0 current from 14.11.

FreeBSD 2.2.1

> Fxtv-0.45 from ports collection with following settings:
> -inputFormat pal -defaultInput tuner -tunerMode cable -cableFreqSet weurope

Fxtv-0.46 I have.

> TV system:
> germany cable net, PAL-BG

I have, too, since I am south of you. :)

> bye,
> volker

Ciao,
Joachim