Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:19:48 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get rid of Sendmail DNS lookups?

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 01:59:30PM -0400, Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com> wrote:

> What about FEATURE(`nodns') ?
> -Chris

> > > I've noticed this too.  Based on the documentation, it's not clear
> > > whether it's a bug or a feature.  But there used to be a configuration
> > > variable for sendmail which would completely remove any DNS lookups in
> > > the binary.  You'll have to look in the sources to find it.

Yes, I tried that, it's deprecated in the 8.9.3 and suggests using service
switch. I got now my system working by using postfix, I use postfix for
about two-three months on my work machine, it's fully networked. Never had
problems with postfix, but I thought that I give a try to sendmail...
but sendmail failed for what I wanted to do. I sent detailed question to
sendmail-questions list but nobody replied so far. I don't blame
sendmail but I got everything to work with half a hour using postfix.
The only thing what I have done was following the guidelines. The
documentation is well formed and I like reading it. That's the story.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee