Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:04:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rich Wilson <rwilson@gvpl.victoria.bc.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   8.4 gig HD limit

I'm trying to use all of a 13 gig Western Digital HD (ACA313000), and I'm
running into the magic 8.4 gig limit.  I searched the mail archives, and
found an "I'm not sure if 2.2.7 has fixed that".  I created a partition
table with more sectors (25165824 instead of the 16514064 that fdisk
reported) but disklabel wouldn't let me specify more than 16514064 sectors.

I am using 2.2.7-RELEASE.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

    __o
   -\<,   Rich  Advertisements and attachments will be deleted unread.
   O/ O