Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:05:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike <spork@startrekmail.com>
To:        Aaron Presuhn <aaronpres@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a couple ?'s

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Aaron Presuhn wrote:

> Hi I just have a couple questions about FreeBSD.
>
> 1) How does compare to Linux in Ease of installation? Is it easy to
> install or not?  I'm speaking in terms of a Linux newbie, which is
> what I am.

This depends on which Linux distribution your talking about. The only
Linux I have ever installed was Debian, and that was pretty similar to the
FreeBSD installation.

> 2) Where can I find a list of video cards that FreeBSD supports?

FreeBSD supports just about any video card in text mode. You probably want
to know which video cards it supports for graphics, and that is dependant
on XFree86. Check out www.xfree86.org.

> 3) How does it compare to Linux in the field of stability and
> reliability?

FreeBSD is as or more stable and reliable than Linux.

> 4) Does it come with GUI's like fvwm, and kde and stuff like that?

Yup, FreeBSD comes with a variety of window managers, including FVWM and
KDE.

> Thanks
> Aaron Presuhn
> aaronpres@yahoo.com

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.