Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Wolstenholme <wolstena@sfu.ca>
To:        tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        alex@muse.org.au, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving passwd files from LINUX to FreeBSD

Coincedentally I was doing the same thing.  Thanks for the tip.  Now I
have a stupid regular expression question.  I wanted to do a quick and
dirty change to the home directory path but I can't figure out how to add
a "/" to the replacement string using sed.  I wanted to make a global
change to the home directory location -- /Users --> /home/edwina

I tried:

sed s/Users/home\/edwina/g passwd.file > passwd.new

/Paul