Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:00:25 -0800
From:      dan@wolf.com
To:        "Marko's Work" <marko@websorcery.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About apache and SSL with freeBSD

Take a look at http://www.apache-ssl.org for pointers on
the setup.

You'll need to get a commercial server cert from Verisign or
Thawte (my preference is Thawte) if you don't want  your
users to get worrisome security messages when they go to
your pages.  If you can deal with the security messages,
you can generate and sign your own certificate.

As far as generating secure pages, they are the same as
standard HTML forms.  The only difference is that the
end-user browser knows to enable encryption/decryption
for communication with the web server.