Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:36:13 -0600
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS_GJOURNAL and ufs.ko

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 03:39:06PM +0000, Coleman Kane wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I have noticed (since adding UFS journal support) that the
> UFS_GJOURNAL option hasn't been added to the ufs.ko kernel
> module. I've been using this (out of an effort to test as
> much as possible as KLDs) and every time I upgrade my kernel
> I must manually add -DUFS_GJOURNAL to the CFLAGS line in
> its Makefile.
>=20
> Is there any specific reason why this can't be committed?
> So far, my experience with GJOURNAL has been great testing
> it both with journal+fs on the same device as well as on
> two seperate devices.
>=20
> It looks like an oversight to me, but I don't want to jump
> the gun on it if there is some reasonable argument to keep
> it out "by default".

UFS_GJOURNAL is not enabled in GENERIC yet so it should not be enabled
in the module.  At this time more review is needed before it can be
enabled by default (believe Kirk has been convinced to perform some
review).  While Pawel's work looks good we need to be very, very careful
with UFS.  We can't afford to have anything go wrong with our main
(essentially only) file system.

-- Brooks

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--