Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:09:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        phrack_ p h r a c k <phrack_@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BitchX Dangerous?

Well, with BitchX, if you enter  /exec rm -rf  it ...will.

That's not just a BitchX thing, it is possible with all ircII clients
iirc.

Also, pretty sure the default compile options enable the screen
functionality.  C-z will suspend BitchX and most likely give the user a
shell prompt.

It is far from a locked down login ;-).

Another less severe but potentially aggravating situation is if you are
using a static ip... some kiddie abuses the login you gave him and now
your ip is Akilled by the irc nets he was on.