Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:37:36 -0500
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "no login" startup

look at

/usr/local/etc/rc.d

rc.d has scripts (if you've installed OpenSSH, apache, mysql, etc etc)
that run on bootup.

or try man cron.  with cron you can run a script once a day, hour, minute,
etc etc
that would check to see if your app is running, and if it's not, start it up
:).

rc.d may be what you're looking for though.

>TWIMC,
>
>    I am writing a project that requires a C application running 'ncurses'
to come up >automatically on vt0 without a login procedure.  The application
needs to start >automatically if a power loss occurs or if a user re-boots
the system. Please advise >here I may look for information in solving this
problem.