Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:11:37 -0500
From:      Andy Angrick <angrick@netdirect.net>
To:        Paul Stewart <paul@kawartha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: referrer stat tracking

in the httpd.conf file you can specify these logs and their locations. Heres
a snippet from on of mine. This should actually all ready be in your
httpd.conf file. All you might have to do is uncomment them.

---begin---

# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file. If this does not start
# with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

ErrorLog logs/error_log

# TransferLog: The location of the transfer log file. If this does not
# start with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

TransferLog logs/access_log

# AgentLog: The location of the agent log file.  If this does not start
# with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

AgentLog logs/agent_log

# RefererLog: The location of the referer log file.  If this does not
# start with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

RefererLog logs/referer_log

MKStats does a pretty good job of reading the logs for referer, browser,
etc. Another tip is place the command:
DNSMode Standard
in the httpd.conf file if you want the logs to resolve domain names.

Andy