Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:45:52 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>
To:        Duane Gustavus <duane@denton.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv

Duane Gustavus:
 |Is it possible we're not using the same driver code?  Before hearing from
 |you I was stumbling around in the bt848 driver and noticed it has changed
 |since the release last October.  I guess I need to go back and look for any
 |mention of bt878 support.
 |
 |It seems so close to working that I keep thinking it's just something I
 |haven't thought of.

Sure.  Deserves investigation at least.

If we're both running a 3.0R driver, this should be the same:

> cd /usr/src
> cksum sys/i386/include/ioctl_bt848.h sys/pci/brooktree848.c sys/pci/brktree_reg.h
4103870460 8155 sys/i386/include/ioctl_bt848.h
2109781360 146879 sys/pci/brooktree848.c
3572949425 19015 sys/pci/brktree_reg.h

BTW, looking back at the pile of -multimedia list mail I haven't read yet,
I see some PAL folks that have gotten bt878 cards working, but having
trouble with the audio.  So sounds like the bt878 isn't the issue as far as
driver support goes; it's likely the tuner (assuming you have one).  Check
the Device Driver info in Control Panel in MSW95/98 if you have it
installed.  That should clinch it pretty quick.

Randall