Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sparc64 tinderbox failure

:
:Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org> writes:
:> How does this look for fixing this warning?
:
:No, gcc should accept a NULL format string for err(3).  It looks like
:__printf0like is broken.
:
:DES
:--
:Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org

    Oops.  I've already starting changing the calls to err().   I would
    really like buildworld to work and there aren't too many of them, and
    besides a little more verboseness for some of these failures is not a bad
    thing.  I'm going to finish what I've been doing and if someone has a
    real huge chip on their shoulder and can't handle the strain then they
    can fix __printf0like and then back-out some or all of my changes with
    my permission.

    Personally speaking, as much as GCC annoys me it is sometimes better to
    modify the utility code then to add yet another hack to GCC that needs
    to be synchronized every time we update.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>