Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:10:35 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   environ(7) typos and the ghost of edit(1)

The man page for environ(7) mentions edit(1) but we don't seem to have
one of them. It has been like that since 1994 if that means anything.

Maybe it would make sense, though, to alias or link edit to ee since
that's what most 'edit' typers could use. Sounds like a good idea to
me, but so do lots of things that aren't :-)  Maybe it was like that
once upon a time?

If there's supposed to be no edit(1), then this man page needs changing,
and I'll have to ask someone else to figure out how.

Also, there's what appears to be a typo in environ(7), on the second
last quoted line below. Perhaps a missing number, perhaps something
else.

  .It Ev TERMCAP
  The string describing the terminal in
  .Ev TERM ,
  or, if
  it begins with a '/', the name of the termcap file.
  See
  .Ev TERMPATH
  below,
  .Xr termcap  5  ,
  and
  .Xr termcap  .
  .It Ev TERMPATH

I don't know what to do with this one either.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-