Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 1996 13:28:34 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
Cc:        robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au, www@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your gnats pr-submission form

As Martin Cracauer wrote:

> > Is that gnats submission form working ? It wont do anything from
> > this end. just hangs there.
>
> I will look into this, at least until Monday evening.

It has proven to work before and after Robert's attempt, FWIW.
Somebody else filed PR # 2208 some hours later using the Web
interface, and Jordan later tried it with test-PR # 2210.

> > I'm trying to report a Malloc warning in both httpds servers, and tin,
> > being generated by something being wrong with Malloc.
>
> I assume you can't use on-line send-pr. If so, please send the
> information requested on the form to me. I will submit a proper PR.

No need for this.  Robert has been sending his comments as a regular
mail to freebsd-bugs, and both occasions point to potential errors in
third-party software (Apache and TIN), so it's best to contact the
respective development teams.  Filing a PR for third-party software is
most likely not very helpful unless the PR is accompanied by a fix
that could be dropped into the `port' as a stop-gap measure until the
development teams have finally incorporated the fix into their
official distributions.  (It's hard to expect the `ports' team fixing
some 700 third-party products.)

--
cheers, J"org