Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2022 19:17:26 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD snapshots available: stable/13 (20220708 77712e81bf9)

On Jul 8, 2022, at 7:02 PM, Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFGlen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org> wrote on
> Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 20:26:29 UTC :
>=20
> . . .
>> Installation images are available for:
>>=20
>> o 13.1-STABLE amd64 GENERIC
>> o 13.1-STABLE i386 GENERIC
>> o 13.1-STABLE powerpc GENERIC
>> o 13.1-STABLE powerpc64 GENERIC64
>> o 13.1-STABLE powerpc64le GENERIC64LE
>> o 13.1-STABLE armv6 RPI-B
>> o 13.1-STABLE armv7 GENERICSD
>> o 13.1-STABLE aarch64 GENERIC
>> o 13.1-STABLE riscv64 GENERIC
> . . .
>=20
> Is the lack of the following expected to
> be an on-going status for 13.*-STABLE
> snapshot builds?
>=20
> aarch64 RPI
> aarch64 PINE64
> aarch64 PINE64-LTS
> aarch64 PINEBOOK
> aarch64 ROCK64
> aarch64 ROCKPRO64
>=20
>=20
> Also, because old snapshot images are deleted even
> when there there is no new replacement for the type
> of snapshot, it has been some time since there have
> been any snapshot images for the above 6. It might
> be appropriate to delete the oldest image only when
> there is a newer one to be added, there by leaving
> some vintage of snapshot available, even if it is
> older.
>=20
>=20
> Hmm, looking, it does appear that:
>=20
> http://ftp3.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm64/13.1-STABLE/
>=20
> does have the .txz material for the latest snapshot
> build attempt. So may be there is just an issue with
> producing .img files for Small Board Computers after
> FreeBSD is built or with building the involved ports
> providing the extra material involved. (These involve
> U-Boot and some involve other things as well.

No, is not expected to be ongoing.

The images are failing because the md(4)-backed image is running out of spac=
e, and I have not yet figured out why.

That said, I remove the images from +17 days well before kicking the snapsho=
t builds.  I have no way to know what will fail or not.

Glen
Sent from my phone.
Please excuse my brevity and/or typos.