Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:07:25 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.com>
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unicode on FreeBSD

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 11:37:22AM -0700, Eugene M. Kim wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> | I also think the creating of a freebsd-i18n list is long overdue.
> | I18N issues are largely lost among the traffic on -hackers and
> | -questions, and it has become something of a specialty area since
> | most people appear to be served well by the existing non-solutions.
>
> I second this idea.

I do, sort of.  I think (BICBW) there's a big overlap between carrying
out i18n work on the code and message catalogs, and carrying out i18n
work on the documentation.  There is already a freebsd-translators
(@ngo.org.uk) mailing list with very little traffic that could be
migrated to freebsd.org and used for both.