Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 20:02:03 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   catching a powerfail NMI

(This is serious)

I'm looking at the possibilty of using the powerfail NMI
which seems to already have some code for it in
/sys/i386/i386/trap.c

Basically, with a bunch of capacitors and a monostable we think we can
make a very cheap UPS, which gives long enough to get the system to do
little more than just fasthalt or somesuch.

If anyone can let me know how feasible this would be or if it's already
been done (can't find any more ISA UPS cards) then please let me know.

Thanks.

--

Steve Roome
Technical Systems Manager, Vision Interactive Ltd.