Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:14:22 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   another easy one for the script gurus

--mPTHnM80CEnHQ2WJ

This time I need help in extracting usernames and passwords from the file
/etc/master.passwd.

What I have in mind, if someone can help me, is a Makefile type of script.
I want to place it somewhere and all I want to do is to=20

cd /path/to/Makefile
make

=2E.and I should end up getting _somefilename_ which contains two columns:

username1:encryptedpasswd
username2:encryptedpasswd

thanking you all in advance.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

It's not a field, I think, for people who need to have success every day: i=
f=20
you can't live with a nightly sort of disaster, you should get out. I would=
n't=20
describe myself as lacking in confidence, but I would just say that the gho=
sts=20
you chase you never catch.=20
-John Malkovich=20

--mPTHnM80CEnHQ2WJ