Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 22:49:56 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: motherboard chipset identification

Steve Passe writes:
> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to tell which chipset is being used on a motherboard
> during the boot process (Neptune, Triton, Natoma, etc.)  Could someone
> point me towards the code in the kernel that determines this info???

These are all PCI chip sets, so "pcisupport.c" is your friend :)

But I'd rather add some code to intialize some variables accordingly
to the PCI code, than have the SMP code decode the PCI chip set ID
again. There should be only one place, where PCI chip set specific
code has to be maintained, IMHO.

Regards, STefan