Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 10:10:02 -0500
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@neosoft.com>
To:        PageFault <daredevl@america.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation troubles

>I am trying to do a PPP install of FreeBSD and I am having troubles.  I
>enter all the important information (IP, gateways, etc.) but as soon as I
>connect and enter my password, it begins PPP.  About 15 seconds later it
>just drops carrier.

Your mileage may vary, but:

I was having similar problems (if you check the PPP on screen 3 and do a
'show log', does it give you a lot of magic number errors?). I used the
commands 'disable lqr' and 'deny lqr' before doing 'term' and it started
working. Worth a try. Also, do a 'show log' until the log show 'layerup'.
This may take 30-60 seconds. THEN, go back and continue installation.

Randy Berndt
[Signature, like every damned freeway in Houston, is "under construction".]