Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 11:34:34 -0200
From:      Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro <mwp@pucrs.br>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Marketing

Hi.

I work in a university and I've proposed to install a FreeBSD Firewall
for the entire institution to substitute the one we use today. But my
boss(es) have asked about some reasons on why use FreeBSD and not other
firewall. Well, I really do not want to keep using the one we use today
(it is proprietary and awful and ugly and has a wart in its nose). So I
gave them all reasons I know but they didn't get convinced.

I ask to the list: could someone help me out with this? The only thing I
need is some justifications, some "marketing" around FreeBSD, some mails
from FreeBSD being used in some known enterprises. Does anyone know a
big one who uses FreeBSD and would like to tell about it? If so, I'd be
glad to know. But, please, do not attach this e-mail in your answer.

Thanks.

MauricioWP.
Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro
PUCRS - Brasil