Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 06:17:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Pete Mckenna <pmckenna@uswest.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Sound card

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Pete Mckenna wrote:

> We use an Opti Based card, they cost $12 aand work well without too
> much noise. http://210.62.43.11/english/audio_card_list.asp Will
> get you the specs. I believe we use the 241's and 245's.I believe we
> use the 241's and 245's.
>
> The plug and Play config is a little wierd, it will want to be /dev/xxx1
> instead of /dev/xxx0.

Thanks Pete.  John Preisler's earlier recommendation of the Turtle Beach
Malibu card sounded good enough so that I got one from buy.com.  I'll be
testing it this weekend, for any others who care, because it's very
inexpensive, and would be a good choice if it works for me as well as it
works for Jon.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).