Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 20:37:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        eistal@cyf-kr.edu.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to install WWW

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 eistal@cyf-kr.edu.pl wrote:

> I'm beginner with UNIX. I've installed FreeBSD Release 2.1.0 on my P6.
> I'd like to use my machine as the web server. I've read the handbook
> but I don't know how to do it?

1.  Install a web server.  I use apache here, very solid package. More
info is available at http://www.apache.org/.  There should be one
available in the packages or ports distribution.

2.  Read the README for installing apache and that should get you going.

btw, the basic configuration for apache, the ncsa info, is on
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu.    Took me a while to find that :)

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant