Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:24:38 -0500
From:      Peter Skensved <peter@sno.Phy.QueensU.CA>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] Adaptec Controllers and LVD disks

   This may be a bit off topic but perhaps someone on this list knows the
answer. We have a system with an Adaptec 2940UW controller with a couple
of older 9Gb drives on the internal 68 pin bus. We'd like to add a large
( ~50Gb ) drive if possible but it appears that they all have either LVD
or SCA type connectors.  Can I put an LVD drive on the 2940UW controller or
do I need an Ultra-2 controller ?  The Adaptec FAQ appeared to say `yes' in
one section ( with a hit in performance ) and `no' in another .

							peter
----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter@ SNO . Phy. QueensU . CA
Dept. of Physics,                       Phone:  (613) 533-2676
Queen's University,                     Fax:    (613) 533-6813
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada