Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:04:23 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@freebsd.org>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11/luit port needs update to 1.1.0

Hi.
X.org have luit-1.1.0 as release, not luit-1.0.5 we currently have,
so it is update request.

I try to build luit-1.1.0 by myself, facing two problems:

1) Patch is not applied anymore. As I look inside, big part of this patch
already is in v1.1.0 and other is sightly different, so I am not sure that
it is fully integrated. I simple decide to drop the patch.

2) Despite its all autoconfiguration attempts luit needs to manually add
-DBSD to CFLAGS to make this line from sys.c working:
#if (defined(BSD) && !defined(_POSIX_SAVED_IDS)) || defined(_MINIX)
because it immediately quits with
"Couldn't drop privileges: Function not implemented"
otherwise (we don't have _POSIX_SAVED_IDS on).

Finally it seems to works not worse than before in my simple testing with
koi8-r locale.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/