Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:30:06 GMT
From:      Michael Jones <mlj28@cam.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/81684: No support for Asus Pundit-R Onboard NIC in FreeBSD 4.11/5.3 xl Driver

The following reply was made to PR i386/81684; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Jones <mlj28@cam.ac.uk>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 Michael-Luke Jones <mlj28@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:26:07 +0100

 It appears (from the CVS) that support for this device has already
 been added to the xl driver in the 5.4 Release (after I handmade a
 patch too, d'oh)

 The m0n0wall image I tested this on was based on FreeBSD 5.3 (and
 4.11 which also predated the patch)

 The good thing is that, despite my total lack of experience with C or
 any programming language above BASIC, the patch I made seems to be
 identical to the patch in the release. Score!

 So this problem report can be closed. Thanks for your help.

 Mike