Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:55:41 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC hangs with power light off

Nate Lawson wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to mention that I have the EXACT same computer sitting next
> to this one and running -STABLE and it has 60 days uptime.
>
> -Nate

Swap the hard disks.  See if the other computer begins to be the
one misbehaving.  If it does, you will have limited your search
to the contents of the hard drive or the hard drive itself.  If
it doesn't, you will have limited it to the BIOS, BIOS settings,
or the physical hardware other than the hard drive.

Wild guess?  Power supply problem.  ;^)

-- Terry