Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:06:03 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possibly OpenLDAP problems (was Re: Why all my application giving me core dumped error?)

At 2004-03-30T09:45:11Z, Suhaimi Jamalludin <suhaimi@niser.org.my> writes:

> I got some question regarding FreeBSD.  Today I just install FreeBSD
> 5.2-RELEASE from CD. Then I cvsup port-all tag=. to the current one and
> complete the portupgrade -arR for update.  I want to setup
> LDAP+SAMBA3. Then I install all the required ports. Then After I install
> samba-devel. my system going crazy it give me all these core dumped error.

A few people have been reporting problems with programs that link against
OpenLDAP after a recent upgrade.  I had a cascade of failures until I
temporarily removed the "ldap" entries from /etc/nsswitch.conf.  If your
portupgrade -arR upgraded OpenLDAP, then you may be bitten by the same bug.

For an example, see:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/64932

I'm currently gathering information to submit more detailed debugging
information.
--
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,