Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:50:06 GMT
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/179342: Freebsd 10.0-current USB 3.0 not working (xhci_do_comand: Command timeout!)

The following reply was made to PR usb/179342; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org,
 John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: usb/179342: Freebsd 10.0-current USB 3.0 not working (xhci_do_comand:
 Command timeout!)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:42:49 +0200

 On 06/07/13 14:44, Miguel Clara wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > This patch does fix the issue (tested with different memsticks), I can
 > now use usb drivers!
 >
 > I do see this at boot:
 > ugen1.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus1
 > uhub4: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr
 > 2> on usbus1

 Hi,

 Thank you for testing. It tells med that the IRQ routing is broken
 somewhere.

 Could you binary search the kernels between r249786 and r251254, to
 figure out the exact commit that broke your XHCI driver, reverting my
 patch? You should not need to build the kernel more than 10 times before
 you figure out which has the commit which causes the failure.

 make buildkernel -j8 -DNO_CLEAN

 If you checked out the sources using GIT, this should be very quickly done.

 --HPS