Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 20:20:19 +0000
From:      Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware and CDROM was (Re: Linux ioctl not implemented error)

There seems to be something missing from the port.  When I try to power
on the machine, I get the following error message (in a Motif message
box):

"Could not open /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/vmm (No such file or
directory)."

There really is no such file or directory.  Should there be one?

It's possible that it's looking for a file called vmmsomething, but
there is no room in the message box to print the full name.

Here is what I did:

1) Compiled the latest -current (as of a few hours ago)
2) Downloaded and installed the latest port
3) Downloaded a license file
4) kldload'ed vmmon.ko
5) Faked /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo and meminfo (copied from a Linux
box)
6) Started the vmware program (in /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin)
7) Created a config file using the vmware configuration editor.  Here it
is:

#!/usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware
ide0:0.present = TRUE
ide0:0.fileName = "/usr/local/vmware/solaris"
ide1:0.present = TRUE
ide1:0.deviceType = "atapi-cdrom"
ide1:0.fileName = "/dev/rwcd0c"
floppy0.present = TRUE