Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:00:48 +0300
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        araujo@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Does not appear to be (too) malicious ...

--00000000000028040705d1da99c8

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 3:12 PM Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
wrote:

> you all have a lot of free time.

Actually "no" .
I am retired now and I am not working for anyone , because
(1) health conditions ,
(2) to know too much , no one is liking to see me around her/him with
     fear "He may become boss instead of me" or
            "I may be regarded weak when he work in here" ( <--- These are
experimental results , not assumptions )
<----- This is absolute nonsense
     because I never wanted to be a "boss" or "degrader of the people" ,
but a "scientist" for solving computing   problems encountered by the
people since 1970 having a root since 1965 .

I am still studying very hard up to mostly morning  2.00 to 3.00 .

My most important ( let's say it ) "hobby" is to help to the people to solv=
their problems such  ( to prepare software to solve research problems such
data analysis  of PhD theses or more advanced researches , to develop
"knowledge system design and management" software , to try to develop a
"research analysis" software
, ...

Now I will start to develop a new operating system with a permissive
license such as
BSD , etc. , to be able to handle  ( not "Very" , but ) "Large scale
software stacks"
because at present there is no such an operating system .
My multimedia ( data , information , knowledge ) system ( its PhD thesis
name is : A multi-media Information management system ) has hit an internal
limit(s) of both FreeBSD and Linux
and it is not possible to continue to develop it any further because I
could not find why the program is wiped away from the screen without
leaving even a simple message .
Logging is not usable because the last part is completely missing .
Debugging is impossible because a few minute run is using  approximately
entry-exit pairs reaching  at least 500 hundred millions excluding mouse
interrupts , run is based on recursive entries of
a body running correctly with a very large number of re-entries .

To be able to continue , it is necessary to to have a NEW operating system
able to
manage such large systems :

Because :
(1) Used compilation . linking , and execution models are not suitable for
such large systems ,
(2) There is a need to distribute computations over systems . Existing
systems are no more than
 , approximately , NFS .
(3) The present models are not able to find error sources when they occur .
used debugging models can only be used on small systems . They are not able
to detect errors in a large distributed system ,
(4) Present time hardware is designed for a single user , connected with a
network facility .
They are not secure , and it is not possible to generate a very secure
system .
The need is to design a new hardware computing system being able to support
software
running over it .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
And many more completely "CRAZY" ideas about " ... software development "
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

It is possible to see that there is NO FREE and WASTABLE TIME  ...

Trying to help people is important for me because I gained my knowledge
solely based on work and help from my predecessors . Now it is the time to
pay back their contributions to newcomers when I am able to do it and have
sufficient ability for it .

The state is this .

With my best wishes for all .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

> [...]
>> > malicious parts. It starts with:
>> >
>> > <!DOCTYPE html>
>> > <!--
>> >       File:  ObstoClades.html
>> >       Copyright (c) 2021 Obsto Clades, LLC
>> >  -->
>> >   <head>
>> >     <title>Security is a Joke</title>
>> >           content=3D"This demonstrates a modified BSD Operating System
>> > designed
>> > to prevent remote hacking of single-purpose computer systems.">
>> >     <link rel=3D"stylesheet" type=3D"text/css" href=3D"/css/obstoclade=
s.css"/>
>> >     <link rel=3D"icon" type=3D"image/x-icon" href=3D"/favicon.ico"/>
>> >     <script
>> > src=3D"https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.j=
>> > "></script>
>> >     <script src=3D"js/obstoclades.js" defer=3D"defer"></script>
>> >   </head>
>> >
>> > And besides the jquery.min.js dowloaded from ajax.googleapis.com only
>> the
>> > following short and apparently benign script is downloaded as
>> > obstoclades.js:
>> >
>> > /*
>> >  * File:  obstoclades.js
>> >  * Copyright (c) 2017 Obsto Clades, LLC
>> >  */
>> >
>> > $(document).ready(function()
>> > {
>> >     var $content =3D $(".content").hide();
>> >     $(".img").on("click", function (e)
>> >     {
>> >         $(this).parent().parent().toggleClass("expanded");
>> >         var ttt =3D $(this).parent().children(".tooltiptext");
>> >         if ($(this).parent().parent().hasClass("expanded"))
>> >         {
>> >                 ttt.replaceWith("<span class=3D\"tooltiptext\">Click t=
>> > close</span>");
>> >         }
>> >         else
>> >         {
>> >                 ttt.replaceWith("<span class=3D\"tooltiptext\">Click t=
>> > open</span>");
>> >         }
>> >         $(this).parent().parent().next().slideToggle();
>> >     });
>> >     var textHeight =3D $("#left-side-header-text").height();
>> >     $("#old_english_sheepdog").height(textHeight).width(textHeight);
>> >     $("#button").click(function()
>> >     {
>> >         $("#contactus-form").submit();
>> >     })
>> > });
>> >
>> > He invites to attack his server using a SSH login with provided
>> > credentials,
>> > and offers US$1000 for any successful modification of the test server.
>> See
>> > the following video, which shows that root on the consonle and root vi=
>> su
>> > in the SSH session get quite different environments:
>> >
>> > https://obstoclades.tech/video/demo-video.mp4
>> >
>> > This looks like a setup with lots of restrictions applied, probably
>> noexec
>> > mounts of temporary file systems and the like, possibly jails and/or M=
AC