Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 06:41:55 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with miniperl and make depend

I just cvsupped tonight, and got this error while running make depend.
I have not built world lately, i've just been recompiling the kernel for
some driver tests.

It looks to me like the path to miniperl is wrong.  It exists on my machine,
but not in /usr/obj/usr/src !!!

===> gnu/usr.bin/ld
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/libperl
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/miniperl
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl
Extracting config.h (with variable substitutions)
Extracting cflags (with variable substitutions)
Extracting writemain (with variable substitutions)
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=freebsd, osvers=4.0-current, archname=i386-freebsd
    uname='FreeBSD freefall.FreeBSD.org 4.0-current FreeBSD 4.0-current #0:
$Dat
e$'
    usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', optimize='', gccversion=2.95.2 19991024 (release)
    cppflags=''
    ccflags =''
    stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=undef, usevfork=true
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
    alignbytes=4, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='cc', ldflags ='-Wl,-E -lperl -lm '
    libpth=/usr/lib
    libs=-lm -lc -lcrypt
    libc=, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so.3
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='
-Wl,-R/usr/lib'
    cccdlflags='-DPIC -fpic', lddlflags='-Wl,-E -shared -lperl -lm '
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl/../miniperl/miniperl:No such file or
dire
ctory
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl.