Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:59:44 -0400
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs booting feedback

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:31:35PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2012, at 22:54 , Kurt Lidl wrote:
> > I built a full 9.0-stable distribution on Friday night, and got to play
> > with installing it on a spare Netra T1-105 today.  Mostly I was
> > interested in testing out the integrated ZFS boot support that
> > was commited recently.
> >
> > First of all -- it works!  Thanks very much to all who made it possible!
>
>   On this front, I'm trying to find a FreeBSD sparc64 stable build to install
> on a v240 I have for testing.  I've not found it easily by googling, so if
> someone on the list could point me to sparc64 nightly's of the 9.0-STABLE
> branch, or if you. Kurt, could make the ISO you built and have working
> available, I'd very much appreciate it.
>
>   I'm looking forward to experimenting with FreeBSD sparc64, and zfs.
> I'm a zfs newbie.  :-)

I put the iso I built, along with a checksum file for it, and the script
that I used for installing all the bit here:

	http://www.pix.net/ftp/pub/freebsd/

You might want to fiddle with the size of the ZFS partition that the
script creates.  I have Sun "18GB" drives, so I just told it use 12GB
as ZFS, and the rest as swap.

-Kurt