Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:45:21 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: my webserver suddenly crash

--------------enig43A17235EB1C8D3296A2FCED

Satria Bramana wrote:
> greetings..
>=20
> my webhosting server suddenly crash and showing this in /var/log/messag=
es :
>     Apr  9 11:37:52 hosting kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace(10): failed=

>=20
> i'm using a monitoring software and i found that the usage of my swap s=
pace only about 1% of my total swap space at the time before my server cr=
ashed..
> i couldn't think of anything that may caused this trouble..
> can anyone help me?
> thank you very much everybody..

Strange. First thing you should do is check if what you said about swap
usage is really as it is. Maybe something suddenly used a lot of memory
and your monitoring software couldn't detect such spikes. You should
report the version and details of the operating system you use.