Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 12:53:52
From:      shane@et.pronex.com (Shane Anderson)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   fsck

On booting, I get a non-interactive fsck clean on /dev/rwd0a, e, f,
and g.

Upon an interactive fsck, it shows CLEAN FLAG IS WRONG IN
SUPERBLOCK on rwd0a. After fixing rwd0a, I have both 1. rebooted;
and 2. done another fsck to clean rwd0a, e, f and g.  Each shows the
CLEAN FLAG IS WRONG IN SUPERBLOCK condition, and each apparently is
fixed and written.

In both cases, above, upon halting the system and rebooting, the
non-interactive fsck shows a clean on the devices and the second
paragraph, above re-applies.

The machine is a 486 DX/2 66 running a Connor 1.2 gb IDE drive.  The
machine employs mode three operation and the card has a bios that
allows configuration of the drive (much like a SCSI config.) I am
running everything fairly conservatively.   The disk is running
with normal timing, block mode.  I will try Mode 3, Block mode
iteration, etc, but any further insight on this would be
appreciated.

Shane

-----
Shane G. Anderson