Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 03:44:15 -0500
From:      max@maxie.com
To:        "Mike Pritchard" <mpp@mpp.minn.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: npx0 device

At 02:25 AM 1/19/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I seem to recall that some documentation out there tells new
>users to start with GENERIC and add/remove lines from that file
>as needed.  GENERIC probably needs a line in it that warns the npx0 is
>not optional.

        That, or a clearer explaination to refer to LINT for what each
config line means. I seem to remember one of the install documents was not
real clear on that, but I don't remember which one.

        Actually, is there any real reason why GENERIC can't have comments
about what ALL of the lines mean, instead of them just appearing in the LINT
file?

  James Robertson