Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:28:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeffrey S. Sharp" <jss@subatomix.com>
To:        Bruce Montague <brucem@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in>
Cc:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: picobsd ref configs all fail on 4.4-Release

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Bruce Montague wrote:

> None of the picobsd reference configs work

I suspect that what most people do is use then for a learning tool.
That's what I did.  I read the scripts, said "oh wow, they could do a lot
more than this", and set out to build my own toolkit.

When I finished, I read my scripts, said "oh wow, I could do a lot more
that this", and set out to build a better toolkit.  I also registered
tinybsd.(com|net|org), thinking I would have the Next Big Thing in small
BSD land.

Then, my boss told me to stop work on that project and to begin developing
<important feature> for <software>.  He began to use my TinyBSD project as
a mule-carrot: "If you just get this project here done, I'll put you back
on the TinyBSD stuff".  Of course, when <important feature> was finished,
<important feature 2> also needed to be done, and there was no time for
TinyBSD.

Then, I quit my job (for other reasons).  New important activity: make
money to live (thank you eBay), find employment.

Then, my wife asked for a divorce.  New important activity: get her stuff
out of here.

I suppose that at some point, with the ex-wife gone, I'll have the spare
time to start working on TinyBSD again.  You'll have to trust me; it
really is cool.

That has been my experience with the pico scripts.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss@subatomix.com