Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:06:03 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Peter Giessel <pgiessel@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multifunction printer/scanner/copier recommendation needed

--mSxgbZZZvrAyzONB

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:32:50AM -0700, Peter Giessel wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 05, 2004, at 00:51AM, ALeine <aleine@austrosearch.net=
> wrote:
>=20
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm shopping for a new printer and I want to get a multifunction
> >printer/scanner/copier that is proven to work well under FreeBSD
> >for both printing and scanning.
> >
> >The Canon MP360 looks like a good choice for my needs in terms of
> >quality and price range, so if you have any experience using this
> >or some other device along those lines under FreeBSD please let me
> >know, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
>=20
> We just got an Canon imageRUNNER C3200 at work and have been
> severely disappointed by the color print speed.  On average,
> it takes about two minutes to process each page.  Our old
> Xerox Phaser 860N is much faster.
>=20
> On the other hand, it does have CUPS support and can scan
> to an ftp server (FreeBSD 5.2.1 here), and the scans
> (scan to PDF) are clear and compact.
>=20
> However, we mainly got it to do black and white copying and
> color printing, so the abysmal color print processing speed
> is problematic at best.

Just so no one gets screwed, the Cacon multifunction devices are
entierly different beasts from the regular printers.  I can't find the
refrence at the moment, but I looked at them when I was shopping for a
new multifunction printer and they were rated as paperweights. :-(

-- Brooks

--=20

--mSxgbZZZvrAyzONB

--mSxgbZZZvrAyzONB--