Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 2020 19:37:00 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrei Martin <andrei.cos.martin@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [arm64][bhyve] Hypervisor implementation proposal

Hi Andrei,

> The UPB team made a revision for the bhyve on arm/arm64 on phabricator[1].
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
>
> [1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26976 <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26976>;

  Thanks for putting up the review: that is a sizeable amount of work.

  I'd suggest removing 32-bit host support from the review to reduce the
size. Note that Linux/KVM has dropped 32-bit host support (see the
thread at
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/kvm/cover/20200210141324.21090-1-maz@kernel.org/),
and the same reasons would apply to FreeBSD.
    If there is interest it could be resurrected at a later time.

  The MI/MD split could be done independently of this. It has been
talked about for a long while, so I'll commit to doing this in the
existing amd64 codebase. The ARM work could then be rebased into that.

  Also, any host platform support, such as the ARM simulator or
EspressoBin, could be split out since it's independent of the hypervisor
portion.

later,

Peter.