Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2018 00:37:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Alexandru Elisei <alexandru.elisei@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARMv8 development board with GICv3

> Hello,
>
> I have been working on porting bhyve to ARMv8 and the hypervisor is
> able to successfully boot a FreeBSD virtual machine on the Foundation
> Emulator provided by ARM.
>
> I plan to submit the project for review, but before that I need to
> validate the hypervisor on a hardware platform.
>
> Can anyone be so kind as to recommend a development board for testing?
> The board needs to have an ARMv8 CPU with virtualization extensions
> implemented (Exception Level 2 needs to be available) and a GIC
> version 3 compliant interrupt controller.

I believe the Chromebook SNOW meets the criteria, not exactly a
"board" but I have one on loan from Michael Dexter that was originally
purhased to support ARMv8 bhyve work.

Not sure that it has a version 3 GIC either.  Actually I am thinking
that you have to do the software GIC on this platform.

I have booted various versions of FreeBSD on it, the most annoying
problem is that the built in keyboard goes into continuous autorepeat
as soon as you try to login, but a USB attached keyboard works fine.