Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:07:55 +0200
From:      Martin Stiemerling <mls.ietf@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@ipfw.ru>
Cc:        "net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Notification of change of IP address/Routing etc

<mls.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
when, for instance, an IP address on an interface or a routing entry is =
being changed.=20
>>>=20
>>> Assuming you are using the base OS version of dhclient, you could =
use
>>> /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks, which is a shellscript documented in
>>> dhclient-script(8).
>>=20
>> Thanks, but that won=E2=80=99t help, as I need notifications about =
all changes, even if the change is not happening thru dhcp. E.g., IPv6 =
changes or manual changes.=20
>>=20
>> This is for a gnmi-target, i.e., net management via yang/gnmi, under =
development for Linux and FreeBSD for routers, firewalls, software =
switches etc:
https://github.com/pengnam/freebsd-netlink
>>=20
>> Right now, I haven=E2=80=99t found a way, devd is for device changes =
only, to get this done.=20
> For now, you can use routing socket notifications (route(4)).
> "route -n monitor=E2=80=9D provide a quick way to check what=E2=80=99s =
available at the moment.

Great & thanks a lot!

>=20
> There are some plans to have netlink in 14 and 13 but the timeframe is =
not settled yet.

Ok, I will look forward to this.=20