Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:02:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Kirill Ponomarew <krion@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned ports problem reports

Easy there, big fella!  That "127" number is for unassigned
ports PRs, and that just for non-critical ones.  (I wish we
could dissade people from using the "critical" designation ...)

The total number of ports PR is somewhere around 790 as I phosphor.

Now, it *is* true that this is less than the number of kern
PRs (!) and has been so since the hard freeze was lifted,
to a great extent due to your own work as you know :-)  And
at the current rate of progress we should be less than the
number of *bin* PRs (!!) soon.  Further, 790 is just slightly
more than *half* the peak number seen during the long 5.1 freeze.
Further, the queue of maintainer updates has nearly been
drained, and the average lag time for 'new ports' has come
down greatly.

Conclusion: while there has been great progress, we can't go
around scaring the -doc people like that just yet.

But if the -bin committers want to get worried ... :-)

mcl