Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 20:03:50 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Web DATABASE(WAS Re: Bt848 on P55T2P4-P100oc)

Chris Coleman scribbled this message on May 13:
> Ok, a database for FreeBSD hardware that is contributed by users?  Is that
> what we are after. Would a simple PERL cgi script that say, read the
> information out of the form and appended the specs and a little paragraph
> from the user on to the correct page work? Or are we wanting something
> more robust?

well.. I have a guestbook program that all I need to do is modify then
char *fields[], to get more "fields" on the guestbook.. and my wrapping
around is seperated (intro and ending), and the body is iterated for
each submitted entry...  I've finished the source changes (took a few
minutes to type 'em in over laggy connection to freefall..) now just
to modify the wrapping entries...  which I'm about to begin on now...

> BTW I have also been toying with the idea of putting up a database of
> people who are working on projects into a Web page.  Just to kind of
> advertise the projects and let people know who is interested and working.
> Just an Idea.

hmmm...  probably wouldn't be hard to modify mine to do that... only
problem with this is that delete will take O(n) time as my database
for storage is a null delmited fields...  should have it done in about
an hour or so...

oh... all of this is based on my cgiparse lib...  it makes writing
something like this (in C) about a 50 line program...

ttyl...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD