Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 12:27:09 +0200
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, b-tuck@gmx.net
Subject:   Re: Broadcom ServerWorks HT-1000 support in OpenBSD

Søren Schmidt wrote:
> [...]

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 on boards with HT1000 chipset, both ATA and SATA
works as well under FreeBSD as it does under OpenBSD. Neither of them
supports anything else than IDE mode for SATA.

> Hardware has arrived here and I'm working on support as time permits,
> watch -current for the commit when I'm done...

Are you working on supporting the MMIO mode for SATA? (the one used by
Linux - which does not support IDE mode!) There is also a really nice
RAID mode (for a non HW-raid solution!) that depends on a binary blob
from Broadcom available only for Linux/Windows.

/Martin