Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:37:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 GENERIC won't complete

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Is this a fresh 4.3 install or a buildworld/installworld system? This sure
> doesn't happen to me.

It is a clean 4.3 release from CDROM.

> You can get around this by not building modules by doing
>
> make -DNO_MODULES=1

That's good to know, but it still goes through the modules twice,
again choking on agp.  I removed the symbolic link @ -> /usr/src/sys
from the agp module directory, but then it choked on aha...  Sigh.
I get the feeling that if I quietly cleaned up those symbolic links
manually, it would go on forever :-\

Thanks,

-Richard