Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 1997 14:07:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1R NFS and FTP load problem FOUND

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, dennis wrote:

> At 10:57 PM 4/4/97 -0500, Mark Mayo wrote:
> >On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, dennis wrote:

[TALK OF 8MB FAILURES CUT]

> Well, I might think that also, except that I had exactly the same problem
> on 2 very
> different machines. I also tried on 2 completely different network
> segments, 1 rather
> busy and 1 practically dedicated. The specifics of the machine(s) were:

Weird. Maybe I'm the lucky one here. Was the ne2000 clone a PCI or ISA
card? The 8MB 486 I used has an SMC Ultra 16 (ISA) in it. That's the only
differnece I can see (and of course, the SMC and the ne2000 use the same
ed driver..).

Maybe I'll pull some RAM out of the other 2 machines I have access to and
try the install.

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
	University degrees are a bit like adultery: you may not want to
	get involved with that sort of thing, but you don't want to be
	thought incapable.	-Sir Peter Imbert