Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:41:22 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
Subject:   Set network options at boot time

Hi,

i have just upgraded my "setnetparms" package to run with FreeBSD 4.1-stable.

It is available at http://www.freebsd-support.de/misc/setnetparms3.tar.gz

Setnetparms is a fullscreen menu-oriented utility which is run at boot time
to setup your ip-address, networkmask, nameserver, hostname etc. from user-
configurable menus which are either preconfigured in a text file or
configurable at runtime. In addition to using fixed, known addresses,
DHCP is now also supported in this version.

Since i work at various customers sites, this utility saves me the boring
and error-prone manual setup each time i change work locations (where no
DHCP server is available).

Enjoy,
hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77