Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 21:57:01 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, security@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: key exchange for rlogin/telnet services?

FreeBSD already has full support for S/Key.  What's the difference between
this and Hobbit's SecureKey?

  From: Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
  One half-baked answer. First, get SecureKey. The version I use, Hobbit's, is
  sitting on NMTI's anonymous FTP server smokey.neosoft.com in source, Alpha/OS
  executable, and DOS executable. I'll ftp it over to freefall Mondey. It uses
  a challenge string/encrypted challenge response method to keep from passing
  passwords out to everyone. You don't get an encrypted session, but you don't
  need any special software or arrangements at the other end.

  A more complex answer is swIPe, which lets you run a complete encrypted IP
  session on top of an IP channel. This requires you have at least a secure
  site in the badguy's camp.