Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:55:14 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 64btt cvsup?

At 4:45 PM -0800 2/24/04, John Polstra wrote:
>However, if you rebuild CVSup from source, it will most likely
>have problems.  This will be the case until I or somebody else
>adds a few patches to the port to deal with the change.

[to pick up from where I left off in my previous reply...]

I have done force-rebuilds (portupgrade -Rr -f) of ezm3 and
cvsup-without-gui after upgrading my systems to 64-bTT.  These seem
to be working okay, although it is true that I haven't looked too
closely.  cvsup on the sparc "looks like" it is finding the right
set of files to update.  However, I have not run it often and I
have not done any serious checking to see how accurately it works.

>If __FreeBSD_version wasn't already bumped to mark the change
>to a 64-bit time_t, somebody please bump it ASAP.  We're going
>to need that in order to know whether to apply the new patches
>or not.

I'll add this to the list of things to do on March 10th.  That is
the date that I plan to commit the change that actually switches
sparc64 to the 64-bit time_t.

>I've already got a fire drill scheduled for this weekend, so
>I'd appreciate it if somebody else could make at stab a the
>patches for the ezm3 port.  ... The place to start on the patch
>is with the file
>
>   libs/m3core/src/unix/freebsd-4.sparc64/Utypes.i3
>
>in the ezm3-1.1 source distribution.  (Do a "make patch" in the
>lang/ezm3 port and then find the file.)  Find "time_t" and change
>its type to int64_t or whatever it ought to be.  In the same
>directory, edit "Ustat.i3" if necessary, to change the layout of
>the stat structure appropriately.

I'll try to take a quick look at this.  I'm puzzled why it would
be needed though.  Didn't this come up on amd64 and ia64 ports?
(or is cvsup not-available on those architectures?)