Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:50:18 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inetd & login class bug (was Re: cvs commit: src/etc master.passwd)

Terry Lambert scribbled this message on Oct 28:
> > be blank, and default appropriately.
>
> I like this.
>
> I think the seperator should be ".", as in "chown user.group".

well.. we should be keeping with the times and use `:'...  on Solaris
you can't use `.' as a seperator  (it's REALLY anoying)...

from the chown manpage:
COMPATIBILITY
     Previous versions of the chown utility used the dot (``.'') character to
     distinguish the group name.  This has been changed to be a colon (``:'')
     character so that user and group names may contain the dot character.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD